Introduction: Chicken Briyani - One Pot Meal
Chicken Briyani - Delicious One Pot Meal
Chicken Briyani is a popular south asian main course dish. It is made with aromatic spices, rice and chicken.
It doesn't require any special preparation. All you need to do is soak rice for minimum 15 minutes and marinate the chicken for 15 minutes. you can do these before cutting vegetables, so that you can save some time. There is no need to clean and wash many vessels, cos you will need only one vessel to make this dish. It is a simple and delicious one pot dish. Try out this flavorful dish and please share your feedback. Thanks for visiting :)
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Serve : 3 to 4 Adults
Step 1: Ingredients
1.5 cup Basmathi rice (Briyani rice), washed and soaked in water for 15 minutes.
Whole Garam masala ( 2 bayleaf, 2 cinnamon small stick, 1 star aniseed, some cloves, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp pepper corns)
1 cup cilantro and mint leaves, chopped + some for garnishing
7 small size green chilies
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Ingredients for chicken marination:
2 lb Chicken, skinless ( washed with fresh running water and pat dry it)
1/2 cup Yogurt
1 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt as required
Step 2: Marinade Chicken
Take all the ingredients mentioned under marination in a bowl.
Mix and marinade it for 15 minutes.
Step 3: Chicken Masala
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker on medium flame, add whole garam masala in heated oil and saute for 30 sec.
2. Add ginger garlic paste into it and saute it for a minute.
3. Add onion and cook it turns to light brown color (its so important, wait until it turn to slight brown color. It will give wonderful flavor to briyani).
4. Add tomatoes, cook until it becomes soft.
5. Add marinated chicken into it and mix all well. Now add chopped leaves, give a stir, close the pan with its lid and cook for 10 minutes.
6. By this time, the chicken meats release some moisture and raw smell of the spices goes away.
Chicken Masala is ready.
Step 4: Chicken Briyani
1. Add soaked rice with 3 cups of water. Check for the salt taste once added water and stir well.
2. Once it starts to bubbles, close the cooker with its lid and wait for 1 whistle. Then switch off the flame.
3. Keep the pressure cooker aside for sometime until all the steam settles down.
4. Open the lid, garnish the briyani with some chopped cilantro and serve with onion or cucumber raita.