Introduction: Chicken Cordon Bleu Bacon Balls
These Bleu Balls will never be a painful experience to anyone eating them.
Step 1: Things You Will Need
2 Packs of bacon
2 or 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Piece of bread (or bread crumbs)
2 Cups of shredded Swiss cheese (i used 1 cup Havarti, 1 cup Swiss)
food processor (For bread crumbs)
Step 2: Prep Work
1. Boil and shred chicken breasts.
2. Fry 1/3 of one package of bacon until brown ( try to save an even amount of strips for later).
3. Toast a slice of bread and "crumble' in food processor with 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
4. Shred cheese if needed.
Step 3: Assembly
1. Place 1 strip of bacon into the hole of the muffin pan so that it sits flat inside and the edges rest over
the lip of the hole .
2. Add a second piece of bacon into the pan so that it makes a cross shape. (if the bacon doesn't
completely cover the muffin hole, and more strips until it does)
3. Place a small amount of bread crumbs into bacon cup (about 1 tablespoon).
4. Place a layer of chicken in the bottom of the bacon cup.
5. Add a few dashes of lemon pepper & Basil and a pinch of cheese on top of the chicken.
6. Add a layer of bacon bits on top of cheese.
7. Add another pinch of cheese .
8. Add another layer of chicken on top of cheese.
9. Add another small amount of bread crumbs.
10. Starting with the first (and lowest) piece of bacon placed into the cup, Fold the ends over the
cheese in a circular order until they have all been folded over the top. (If the ends don't want to
stay put, use a toothpick to pin them down.)
11. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes (or until bacon is crisp),
12. Add some more bread crumbs ,cheese, lemon pepper & basil on top and bake for another 5
minutes. Remove from tray, and let cool for 5 minutes.
13. serve warm.
Note: I will try to add a nice sauce for this in the near future.
If you like these try my other bacon balls
Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheddar Cheese Bacon Balls
Breakfast Bacon Balls
Mac & Cheese Meatloaf Bacon Balls
Hawaiian Burger Bacon Balls
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.