Introduction: Chicken Curry in Crock Pot (One Pot Dish)
Chicken curry is a common delicacy in south India. This curry is made by cooking chicken in onion, tomato and yogurt base using a variety of spices. Chicken curry is served with hot rice or roti /flat bread. This instructable will show how chicken curry is made using crock pot.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Chicken - 1/2 Kg (I used skinless chicken with bone)
2) Finely Chopped Onion - 1 Large
3) Finely Chopped Tomato - 1 Large
4) Crushed Ginger and Garlic - 3 pods garlic & 1" ginger
5) Yogurt - 1/4 Cup
6) Chopped cilantro - few strands
7) Chili Powder - 1 Tsp
8) Coriander and cumin powder - 1 Tsp
9) Garam Masala - 1 Tsp
10) turmeric - 1/4 Tsp
11) Curry powder - 1 Tsp
12) salt as per taste
13) Oil - 1 Tbsp
14) Cinnamon stick - small piece
15) Cloves - 3 to 4
Step 2: Loading the Crock Pot
1) In the Crock pot, add the chicken, finely chopped onions, finely chopped tomato and mix
2) Then add crushed ginger garlic, chili powder, coriander and cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, curry powder, cinnamon stick, cloves, yogurt, cilantro, salt, oil and mix well.
3) The chicken will ooze out water when cooking so water is not needed to be added. (If preferred 3 to 4 Tbsp can be added)
4) Close and cook in the crock pot for 8 hours on low or till the chicken is cooked well and the oil starts to separate.
Chicken Curry is ready to be served with hot rice or flat bread.
1) Chop the onions and the tomato finely. A food processor can be used to finely chop. (do not make it to a puree)
2) Separate marination is not required for the chicken as it cooks very slowly.
3) If desired, the onions can be sauteed in a separate pan for few minutes before adding into the crock pot.