This recipe makes enough for 2-4 people, depending on the number of sides and how hungry they are! Eric and I polished off this entire batch of fajitas for lunch today. Total prep time, including pictures and clean-up, was less than 20 minutes. When dinner is this easy to make, there's no excuse for not eating healthy, homemade food every night! Get started now, and you too could be eating delicious chicken fajitas before the next sitcom comes on.
Chicken Fajitas Ingredients:
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (please don't use lower-fat breast meat!)
1 large onion
1 large sweet pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder (gives a smokey flavor without grilling!)
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Chicken Fajitas Instructions:
- Chop vegetables and chicken
- Melt butter in large skillet
- Add onions and salt, then saute until onions browned and softened.
- Add chicken, and saute until the outside is white but meat is not cooked through.
- Add remaining vegetables and spices, and saute until chicken is cooked through, vegetables are softened, and spices are thoroughly mingled, about another 5 minutes.
- Scoop directly onto warm tortillas, and serve with your favorite fajita toppings and sides. (Beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, lime, cilantro, etc.)