Step 1: Ingredients for Pie Crust
1 cup Butter (cubed and chilled)
7 to 10 tablespoon Cold water
1 teaspoon Salt
Step 2: Ingredients for Filling
2 cups Frozen peas and carrot
1 cup canned corn (washed with plain water)
Enough water for boiling
Step 3: Ingredients for Sauce
1/3 cup Onion, chopped
1/3 cup All purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground black Pepper
1 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
2/3 cup Milk
Step 4: Method for Preparing Pie Crust
2. Mix it using fork, until it resembles wet sand.
3. Add a tablespoon at a time, mix well using hand.
4. Keep adding water and knead until the dough becomes right consistency.
5. Divide the dough using knife, transfer into Zip-lock plastic bag and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
Step 5: Method of Preparing Filling
2. Add all veggies into it with enough water and boil for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, drain the water and set aside.
Step 6: Method for Preparing Sauce
2. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent.
3. Add flour, salt and pepper in it and stir constantly
4. Slowly add chicken broth and milk in it, stir well.
5. cook in medium heat, until thick consistency. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 7: Roll the Dough Using Rolling Pin
2. Remove 1 dough from the zip lock to a flour coated surface. Roll the dough using rolling pin about 10 inch round.
3. Gently transfer the rolled dough to the 9 inch pie pan.
4. Press the bottom edges gently using thumb finger.
5. Refrigerate it while you prepare another 10 inch round thin disc.
6. Repeat the point 2 to make another rolled dough.
Step 8: Pie Arrangement
2. Pour the creamy sauce on the top of the mixture.
3. Cover with the another rolled dough, cut the excess dough using scissor.
4. Seal the edges and perforate the top crust using fork to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 35 minutes or until the crust turns golden colour.
6. Take out from the oven and Let it cool for 10 minutes.