Delicious, easy, no fail 10 minute chicken salad and chicken salad sandwiches.
Step 1: Ingredients
- last nights roast chicken (I'm using a whole one, if it's really leftover chicken, you may just have certain pieces)
- 1/3 cup celery
- 1/3 cup grapes (optional, including grapes makes it a "Napa" style chicken salad)
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 1/3 cup apple
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (optional)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- sandwich bread of your choice
- sandwich fixings: lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese, sprouts
Step 2: Prep and chop ingredients
Chop the apple, onion, and celery to a small size. Grapes get cut in half, walnuts and currants get chopped and the dill gets minced.
Set these ingredients aside.
Step 3: Tear meat off of the chicken and chop
I think dark meat is far more flavorful than white meat, so I'm happy to include it in my chicken salad. Others may want to pick the dark meat and make their salad from the white meat of the breasts alone.
Roughly chop all of the meat and add it into a medium sized mixing bowl.