Here's a simple from scratch made chicken soup recipe that anyone can make, and all can enjoy!
Step 1: Ingredients - Soup Stock
- Pack of chicken thighs (can use any part, but I prefer the thighs for flavor)
- Rosemary (whole is what I use)
- Dried Parsley
Step 2: Preparing Soup Stock
- Chicken thighs (Take the skin off to reduce the amount of fat you want to remove later on)
- Carrots (Cut in half)
- Onions (Cut into Rings)
- Celery (Cut in half)
- Liberal amounts of rosemary and Parsley
- About 9 cups of water.
Bring to boil about medium High Heat, then once boiling turn to medium low, and let it all do it's thing for about 2 hours covered.
(If you wish to have a more intense flavor, boil uncovered for an additional 30 minutes)
Once good to go, take out the chicken. Remove the bones and cartilage, and shred the rest. Set this aside for later.
Strain out the remainder of the food, so you're left with just the liquid. I usually place into a bowl, and into the freezer for about an hour, so I can skim off the fat, but this is only a matter of personal preference .
Step 3: Soup Ingredients
Here's what we're going to need:
- Carrots (About 3 medium, cut into coins)
- Celery (About 3 ribs, cut into thin slices)
- Fresh Parsley (About half a bunch, leaves only)
- Chicken (From stock)
- Thick Noodles (1 Portion, broken length-wise in quarters)