Introduction: Chicken Tortilla Soup Con Queso & Avocado
Lo Carb Lo Fat Gluten Free Comforting & Delicious!
In large pot, combine first 3 ingredients; Bring to Boil;
· 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, best if home-made
· 2 cups water
· 1 large yellow onion, quartered
· 6 boneless chicken thighs
· 1 cup Chunky Salsa;
I make my own; it changes all the time, but goes something like this:
· 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
· ½ red onion, minced
· ½ lime, juiced
· ½ cup lightly packed chopped cilantro
· 1 seeded, minced jalapeno
· 1 tsp olive oil
· cumin, salt, and pepper as desired
If store bought , make sure it has lime juice, parsley/cilantro and cumin in it; if not add in as per above:
Let chicken cook 10 min.s. using two big forks, shred chicken while in pot.
· Juice the other ½ of lime
Let simmer a final 5 minutes
Ladle into bowls offering the following toppings/inserts:
· Tortilla strips
· Queso Fresco/Blanco, crumbled, or a glob of Crema Mexicana!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.