Step 5: BBQ or Chicken Alfredo Pizza
SAUCE- Leftover from recipe 4 (Chicken Alfredo Pizza)
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup warm water
1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
3 cups all-purpose flour
Remaining chicken (regular strips or leftover from BBQ Chicken Recipe)
Fresh Spinach leaves, stems trimmed
1 Carrot, peeled and shredded
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Fresh diced tomato
Mozz. cheese, at least 1/2 c
1. To Make the Garlic Butter: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Blend in the garlic and parmesan Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is tender but not browned. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
2. To Make the Dough: Combine water and sugar in medium size bowl. Add yeast and stir to dissolve. Allow to proof about 5-10 minutes. In separate bowl combine flour and seasoning then add to yeast. Mix garlic into olive oil and add to dough. Roll out onto a lightly flowered surface and knead until smooth. Lightly grease a bowl with oil, add dough turning once to coat and allow to rise half an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). .
4. Roll the dough out on prepared pizza stone or baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Top with cooled garlic butter, covering entire crust. Next spread with Alfredo Sauce (if necessary, warm to spreading consistency), leaving crust edges. Add desired toppings.
5. Bake about 20 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Let set 2-3 minutes before cutting. Serve with ranch if desired.