I had some left over chimmichurri sauce laying around and decided to create a Pizza! The pizza has a homemade crust, chimmichurri as the sauce, herbed harvarti cheese, grilled chicken and roasted red pepper.
Step 1: Making the Crust
1 tlbs instant dry yeast
1c. warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tlbs vegetable oil
2 1/2 - 3c. All Purpose Flour
1) In a large bowl dissolve yeast with the warm water
2) Add the sugar- Mix
3) Stir in the Vegetable Oil
4) Add one cup of flour and stir until incorporated
5) Add another cup of flour and the salt, mix until incorporated
6) Add enough of the remaining flour until the dough is easy to handle and not sticky
7) Shape the dough into a ball
Note: The Salt should be added with the second cup of flour to keep it away from the yeast because it prevents the yeast from rising as well if added near the beginning.