My girlfriend is Chinese and since we've been dating I have learned many Chinese recipes from her. This is one of the more fun ones to make, especially with a group of friends and family.
Step 2: Filling Ingredients
- Garlic - 1 Bulb
- Scallions - 3 Stalks
- Napa Cabbage - 1 Head
- Water Chestnuts - 1 8oz Can
- Bamboo Shoots - 1 8 oz Can
- Shiitake Mushrooms - 1 Tub
- Ginger - 1 Thumb Sized Lump
- Ground Turkey (Pork or Chicken also work well) - 2 lbs
- 1 Egg
Notes on fillings:
If you prefer your dumplings to be vegetarian you can leave out the ground meat and eggs and that filling works very well as it is or you can also get creative and add some other vegetables into the mix.
Step 3: Prepare the dough
- Add all the flour to a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and slowly start adding the water, mixing constantly.
- Continue to add water until all the flour is combined in one solid lump.
- It should be a fairly dry dough.
- Once all the flour is combined cover with a wet kitchen towel and set aside for 30 mins.