Introduction: Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Cookies
I love oatmeal cookies. I love chocolate. I love caramel. Why not combine all 3 into an amazing cookie? Well, I did.
I'll bet you won't be able to just have one :)
Step 1: The Ingredients
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher or sea salt
3/4 cup butter, soft at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
dark chocolate broken into pieces, we’re talking good chocolate – Lindt, Ghirardelli, etc.
soft caramel candy (mine was store bought, though you could make your own), chopped into tiny pieces
Step 2: Make & Bake
1) Preheat your oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars until the mixture is creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla followed by the flour mixture one scoop at a time. Stir in the oatmeal, chocolate and caramel candy, mixing just until well combined.
4) Shape dough into 1/2″ balls and arrange on baking sheet leaving about 2-inches between them to allow them to spread. Gently flatten each ball (so they are about half as high) with your fingertips.
5) Bake the cookies for approximately 12-15 minutes until they are are golden brown.
6) Allow the cookies to cool for 2ish minutes on the baking sheet, then gently place on a wire rack to cool completely.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.