I have never made candy. Don't know how to use and don't have a candy thermometer, but I do love to mix sugary things with other sugary things :) The first name for these was Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant Covered Caramel Candies. It did a good job of describing what it was, but it was a bit long, and my lil bro suggested this instead!
- Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant (I used a batch made from 6oz of marshmallows)
- Caramel Candies (I had a bag of about 35) (You can make your own caramels of course)
- Also, a silpat mat will really help with this recipe.
- Make chocolate marshmallow fondant from your favorite recipe.
- Roll out the fondant and cut into squares. Use your candies to judge for size.
- Wrap caramels in fondant (I kind of just winged it so you don't need to wrap it like me)
- I baked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes. When they start to get melted feet at the bottom, you're good. I also jammed a toothpick in one to see if the caramel inside had gotten a bit soft yet and it had.
- Take out of the oven and let sit till hardened. They will be melted and sticky at first so just let them sit, once they are hard they will come right off the mat.