- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed (90g) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3/4 pounds chocolate, melted
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Turn the mixer to low and beat in vanilla and milk.
Gradually add flour and salt on low until combined.
Stir in chocolate morsels and pecans, mixing well.
Shape into 1-inch balls (I used a small scoop). Place on a parchment lined tray; chill until firm. (you can see that I did not chill mine long enough, and they lost their nice round shapes when they hit the warm chocolate. but who cares!)
Temper chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into chocolate and roll to cover. Tap off excess chocolate on side of bowl.
Place on waxed paper and chill to set for at least 1 hour. These keep best in the fridge, especially in the summer time.
Makes 32. You know, if you don't eat half of it before you dip them. Let's just tell people it makes 24, ok?