Introduction: Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 1-2 dozen cookies)
Things you’ll need:
Parchment paper (optional)
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
⅓ cup white sugar
⅓ cup tightly packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 large egg
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chocolate chips of you choice)
Step 1: Butter and Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF so that it is nice and warm when you need it to be.
2. Blend softened butter in mixing bowl with your mixing spoon until smooth. Then add in both sugars and mix until smooth and no lumps remain.
Step 2: Extracts and Egg
3. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, and then add the egg, making sure to fully incorporate the egg.
Step 3: Dry Ingredients and Chocolate
4. Add in the baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix all of the ingredients together until a smooth dough forms.
5. Pour in the chocolate chips and mix them into the dough making sure that they are evenly distributed.
Step 4: Baking
6. Drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (you may also line the cookie sheet with parchment paper) by tablespoons, spacing them apart so that about 12 cookies fit onto one sheet.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Bake for 12-15 minutes for crispier cookies.
Step 5: Eat Them!
8. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, and then remove the warm cookies from your baking sheet and place on a plate for eating.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.