These classic chocolate chip cookies are really easy to make and taste amazing!
for more delicious recipes, check out my blog Artsy Teen
Step 1: Ingredients
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup caster/granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose/plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I saved a few to put on top of the cookies)
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Step 2: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180'C/350'F.
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Mix in vanilla extract and eggs.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix well and add chocolate chips.
- Take about 2 tbsps of the mixture and using your hands, roll the balls and place on a cookie sheet*. Flatten each cookie with a fork and press a few chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies look golden (the cookies will still be soft to the touch, but don't worry - they'll harden as they cool). Enjoy!
*If the cookie dough is a bit sticky, rub some vegetable oil onto your hands to prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers.