Introduction: Chocolate Covered Bacon and Pecans (Low Carb)
- Sugar free syrup (My favorite is Health Express: Roasted Pecan Syrup)
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut oil
- Low carb chocolate (I used Simply Life sugar free dar chocolate from Trader Joe's)
- Crushed pecans or coconut
- Baking sheet lined with foil
Step 1: Coat Bacon With Syrup
- Line a baking sheet with foil, preheat oven to 400 degrees and partially cook bacon.
- Mix together 1/4 cup syrup, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Dip the bacon in syrup mixture. You can do this will full strips of bacon or cut smaller pieces.
- Bake on a wire rack until crispy and let bacon cool completely
Step 2: Dip Bacon in Chocolate
- At this point you have slightly sweet bacon that tastes great. I put aside 1/3 of the pieces at this point.
- Melt 1/2 bar of low carb chocolate and 1 teaspoon coconut oil (in a double boiled or in the microwave)
- Dip bacon into chocolate and place on a lined baking sheet
- Crush pecans and sprinkle over bacon
- Alternatively you can snip the tip off a ziplock back of chocolate and drizzle it over the bacon
- Cool in freezer
- I served these with roasted pecans that I dipped half in chocolate and placed on a baking sheet to cool.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.