You'll find it won't stay on the plate too long. Whip it up for your next party, decadent morning brunch, or just for fun. Enjoy, I did. :D
Step 1: Things You'll Need
- 1/2 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips*
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 Pound of Bacon
- Double Boiler**
- Cookie Sheet
- Spoon to Stir
- Wax Paper
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 Ziplock Bag
**NOTE: You can substitute a pot with water covered with a bowl for a double boiler. You can also melt your chocolate chips in the microwave--if this is the case, follow the alternate instructions in step 3.
Step 2: Bacon
Here are the steps I took:
- Preheat your oven to 400F (204C).
- Wrap a cookie sheet in aluminum foil. This will make it easier to clean up later.
- Lay your bacon strips on your cookie sheet. If you'd like bite sized chocolate bacon strips later, cut your bacon into halves or thirds now before you cook it.
- Place in your oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on your desired crispy bacon texture. Structurally, I've found that just barely crispy is good for your final chocolate covered bacon.
- Remove your bacon from the oven and allow to cool on a paper towel covered plate. This will absorb remaining bacon grease.