Step 1: The Materials
- A doughnut mold (I got mine at a craft store that had baking supplies)
- Homemade ice cream (easier to put into the doughnut pan)
- Some Homemade Magic Shell
- Wax paper
- Extra space in your freezer
Step 2: The Process
- First make the ice cream, I used an Ice cream maker .
- When it is in a semi-sold state spoon it into the molds and round the tops as best as you can.
- Place it in to the freezer until it is very hard.
- Working two at a time place the mold into some very warm water for about 15-25 seconds to slightly loosen the ice cream doughnuts from the pan. If you need, use a chopstick to gently pull them out of the mold by slightly sliding it down one side.
- Once they are on the plate right side up smooth the chopstick marks and place them back into the freezer until hard again.
- Pour some of the ice cream shell in a bowl and use the chopsticks to turn and dunk it to fully coat it in the magic shell.
- After it has been coated once place it in the freezer again to chill it then coat it a second time to get a nice thick shell on it.
- If you want to add sprinkles do it immediately after the second coating place it in the freezer for a final time to harden again.
- Now you can either eat it now or wrap it in cellophane and store it for later.