Introduction: Chocolate Fruit Pecan Pie
In this instructable I will show you how I make chocolate fruit pecan pie. This pie is vegan and contains a lot of tropical fruits (mango, banana, apple sauce and date) and a nutty crust made with a pecan and hazelnut mix.
This pie is easy to make. It only requires 10 ingredients and a hot oven. It doesn’t contain any butter, eggs or sugar, only natural ingredients.
You can eat it right away or store it in the fridge or put it in the freezer, so you can enjoy it when you want.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make my favorite chocolate fruit pecan pie? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 mango
- 2 bananas
- 4 tablespoons of cacao
- 6-8 dates
- 1½ cup of pecan and hazelnut mix
- 4 tablespoons of Agave syrup
- Optional icing sugar
Step 3: Instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 375 ℉.
- Put the nut mix in a kitchen machine and blend finely.
- Put into a bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of agave syrup and mix through the nut mix.
- Put mixture in a spring form and press the crust finely.
- Put all of the fruit (banana, mango, dates, apple sauce) in a blender and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Divide in half by using two bowls.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cacao to one bowl and stir through thoroughly.
- Put this mixture on top of the pecan hazelnut crust.
- Add the remaining fruit mixture from the second bowl on top of the pecan hazelnut crust.
- Bake the pecan pie about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly. Top with some icing sugar and serve.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.