Homemade flavored alcohols are easy to make. And here's how to make just one of an infinity of variations. You might like to enjoy this before, after, or during a meal of Cacao Nib Crusted Steaks .
Step 1: Needed
* 7.5 oz alcohol such as Everclear or Golden Grain
* 20 oz of cooled simple syrup --- equal portions of sugar and water, heated so that the sugar dissolves, then cooled
* A funnel and strainer; this could be a funnel lined with a coffee filter or several layers of cheesecloth. I happen to have access to funnels used to collect kidney stones from urine . . . they're clean I swear.
* A pint mason jar and lid
* 1 1" piece of vanilla bean (optional, but I did it this time)
* An empty container for the finished product (here, an emptied liqueur bottle with the label removed)
Step 2: Throw It Together
Step 3: The Long Wait
Don't mind the cloudiness, that's just nib dust.