These cookies are quick, simply, and cheap. You don't have to worry about them breaking your bank or taking up lots of your time.
You will need the following ingredients:
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
-15 marshmallows (cut into thirds)
-1/3 Cup cocoa powder
-2 Cups flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 Cup sugar (plus 1/2 Cup sugar for rolling)
-1 Cup crisco
-1/2 Cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
-2 unbeaten eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
Step 2: Prepping the Marshmallows
place them on a plate or small cutting board when finished an transfer them to the freezer while you prepare the dough.
Step 3: Dry ingredients for the dough
In a bowl mix add in this order
1. add 2 cup of flour
2. add 1/3 cup of baking cocoa powder
3. 1 teaspoon of baking soda (this is not the same as baking powder)
4. 1 teaspoon of salt
Once you have added all dry ingredients listed above, whisk until they are well blended.
Step 4: Blended ingredients for the dough
In a larger separate bowl add in this order
1. 1 cup of sugar
2. 1/2 cup of brown sugar ( make sure that you firmly pack into measuring cup)
3. 1 cup of shortening. I use vegetable shortening but you can use any or lard if you have it
Blend all ingredients together until creamed. You can do this in a mixer or by hand.
Step 5: Wet ingredients to the dough
Add to the mixture while mixing in this order.
1. 2 unbeaten eggs one at a time
2. 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Mix these until well blended.