Introduction: Chocolate Muffins
I really like muffins and chocolate ones are my favourite. It's often hard to find a decent recipe that provides step by step instruction on how to get it right first time around.
I followed and failed or I should say burnt with many muffin recipes online. Anyway, enough of this bitter talk about other recipes and lets see my method.
- 250g self raising flour
- 100g of caster sugar
- 55g of quality cocoa powder
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs medium sized
- 150ml milk ( doesn't matter if it's skimmed or not )
- 4tbsp vegetable oil
- 397g Carnation Caramel can/tin
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for fan ovens) Gas Mark 5.
- Mix the plain flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder in a decent sized bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and a drop of the caramel. Then, mix this gently into the flour until just blended nicely without any lumpy bits.
- Gently swirl through the rest of the caramel until rippled.
- Place muffin cases in the tin and spoon in the muffin mix. Bake for about 20 minutes, let it cool slightly then dig in!
- These muffins are scrumptious straight from the oven – perk them up the next day by microwaving for 10 seconds to warm the caramel.