Introduction: Chocolate + Pineapple Marble Cake
I like to bake cake and wanted to try new recipes. It is like playing CAKE MANIA (Me and my little niece used to play it). My cake is becoming great demand among my friends :) I am trying this egg less recipe for my vegetarian friend.
There are many types of egg less varieties with condensed milk, yogurt and sour cream. I am using milk powder here. I always wanted to try the Marble pattern. Lets bake Marble cake with swirls and exciting pattern!!!
- All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1/2 cup (Melted)
- Sugar - 1 cup (Confectioner)
- Milk - 1 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Pineapple essence - 1tsp (optional)
- Milk powder - 3 Tbsp
- Cocoa powder - 3 Tbsp
- Hot water - 3 1/2 Tbsp
Step 1: Mix the Batter
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C (356 degree F)
- Sift all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In another bowl add the powdered sugar and melted butter.
- Stir well till the mixture become smooth.
- Now add milk to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence, milk powder to it and stir.
- Now add the mixture to the flour and stir well until the batter become creamy.
- The consistency of the batter will be slightly thicker than pancake mix.
Step 3: Mix Pineapple and Cocoa Batter
- Take cocoa powder and mix it with hot water.
- Now divide the batter into two portions.
- Add cocoa powder to half of the mixture.
- In the other half add pineapple essence.
- Vanilla essence is enough, but i wanted to add pineapple essence to equal cocoa flavour.
- You can add 1/4 cup of extra sugar to the cocoa mixture, if you like it sweet.
- Now the two batter are ready.
Step 4: Finally.... Get Ready to Enjoy Marble Cake
- Grease 9- inch loaf pan or round pan.
- Pour small amount of vanilla batter first and add cocoa batter over it.
- You don't need to fill the whole layer. See picture. Alternate the layers.
- Then with fork or knife slightly make some patterns.
- Don't mix hard.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until fork comes clean when inserted in cake.
Let the cake cool. If you want you can drizzle some chocolate sauce over it. Cut into slices . You can see the swirls and patterns clearly. Enjoy the marble cake.