Introduction: Chocolate Pudding Dessert With White Currant
No bake sweet treats are perfect for summer! And so is this no bake chocolate pudding dessert with white currant! A combination of rich dark chocolate pudding with chocolate mascarpone layer and topped with white currant berries! A pretty easy summer treat!
I find currant berries perfect for no bake desserts! White, red or black – each color has its own specific taste! Apparently the black ones are the most nutritious ones but they all are rich in vitamin C and iron.
Enjoy our easy recipes!
Visit our new website: www.happyfoodstube.com
So lets get started!
Step 1: Ingredients:
500ml (17 fl. oz/2 cups) milk
80g (2.8oz) caster sugar
40g (1.4oz) cocoa powder
3 Teaspoons Corn Starch
A pinch of Salt
40g (1.4oz) Dark Chocolate
250g (8.8oz) Mascarpone Cheese
200g (7oz) Red Currants/White Currants/Black Currants
Step 2: Directions:
1. In a sauce pan mix caster sugar, salt, corn starch and cocoa powder (sift it to avoid lumps).
2. Pour in milk, turn on the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add chocolate (chopped into smaller pieces. Keep stirring until the chocolate has melted &mixture thickens a bit. Turn off the heat and let it cool down a bit. To speed up the process you can place the sauce pan in a large bowl filled with cold water.
4. Note: The mixture will not be very thick. If you prefer having thick pudding layer, add more corn starch (maybe extra 2-3 teaspoons).
5. Once the chocolate pudding has cooled down a bit it’s time to make chocolate mascarpone layer: Mix mascarpone cheese with ½ of your chocolate pudding mixture using a hand mixer.
6. Wash the currants and remove the berries from stems. Place them onto a paper kitchen towel to get rid of the excess water.
7. Spoon the mascarpone mixture in 4 glasses. Pour over chocolate pudding and throw in currant berries.
8. Serve right away or chilled – both ways are delicious! If you want to enjoy this dessert chilled, I suggest you leave it in the fridge 2+ hours!
Step 3: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.