Introduction: Chocolate Spice Cake (Christmas Log)
A decadent chocolate cake seasoned with Christmas cake spices provides a chocolicious alternative to the traditional fruit cake.
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
For the cake
1 and a quarter cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tsp coffee powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp cinammon powder
1/2 tsp clove powder
For the ganache
225 g chocolate
1 cup cream
Step 2: Prepare the Cake...
1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, cinammon, clove powder and salt. Add the sugar to this mix and keep aside.
2. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla.
3. Add this to the dry ingredients. Beat well.
4. Add the coffee powder to the boiling water and incorporate in the cake mixture.
Step 3: Bake
Preheat your oven to 180 C.
Bake the cake at 180 C for 40-45 mins or until done.
Step 4: Prepare the Ganache
1. Add cream to a double boiler.
2. Heat until you see tiny bubbles along the edges.
3. Add chocolate.
4. Stir until smooth.
Step 5: Frost the Cake
The log design can be made with a fork.
Dust with icing sugar and cocoa powder for the log effect.
Step 6: Add Decor
Add meringue mushrooms and other decor.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.