Also known as:
The Greatest Pie in the Cosmos,
The Only Reason I Like Christmas,
My grandmother was the original maker, and now my mom carries on the tradition. I think I'll be bringing it everywhere now that I've got this documented. Thank you mom! :D
The crust is prebaked and then the filling is made, poured into the pie and refrigerated. The filling can also be used as a stand-alone pudding. Just increase the amount of milk to 2 1/4 cups!
Step 1: Ingredients!
You will need:
- ready made pie crust or crust of your choice!
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 tbsp Hershey's cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp room temperature butter
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk (we use 2%, my Gran used whole) (2011 Christmas update: vanilla soy milk is better than both of those. It yields a more gelatinous and cocoa-y pie)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pie pan
- nonstick stirring utensils
- wax paper