Step 1: What to dip?
- For fresh fruit I have dipped strawberries, grapes, clementine sections, and pineapple all with good outcomes.
- For dried fruit I have dipped apricots, pineapple, papaya, peaches, pears, and candied ginger
- For clusters I have mixed mini marshmallows with mashed up peppermint or cinnamon pieces, and toffee would work too.
- For more Adult tastes I have mixed chopped apricots, raisins, cranberries, or currents with almonds, pecans, walnuts, or macadamias.
- Fresh fruit will wilt relatively quickly so I dip these as close to the time of serving as possible, preferably the same day, though I have occasionally done them the night before.
- Also choose the most perfect fruit you can, as the sweetness and full flavor of good fruit compliments the chocolate so nicely
- Choose good chocolate. I always use dark with the highest cocoa content I can, again because the flavor I think is best, and once you have made this presentation, you want the flavor to live up to the expectations.