Introduction: Christmas Tree Leds
It is a simple Christmas Tree made of Leds. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Step 1: Equipment
- PCB Helping Hands
- Wire Cutter
- Needlenose plier
- Soldering Iron
- Lead solder
- 1 momentary switch
- 19 diffrent color Leds
- 4 10k resistors
- It will be great if you have a desolder pump(i didn't had one, so i had to be very careful)
- A breadbord to test the circuit before solder it to PCB - optional
- 1 PCB
- 2 9V batteries
- 9V batteries connectors
Step 2: Circuit Diagram
The schematic is pretty straightforward. It is always a good idea if you have multiple leds to place several leds in series, and then several series strings in parallel with each other, thereby needing neither the high voltage needed with series wiring, or the high current needed with all parallel wiring.
When connecting your batteries in Series you are doubling the voltage while maintaining the same capacity rating/
Step 3: Soldering
The final step is to solder the components to the PCB.Firstly,i placed all the leds on the PCB to visualize how the tree will look when it's done. I will try to explain the steps that i took to complete the circuit.
- Solder the first resistor.
- Solder the first string of leds (in series with the resistor)
- The final cathod is not yet solderd.
- First end of the resistor is soldered is soldered together with the other resistor
- Repeat those steps with all the strings.
- Solder all the left cathodes together and with a wire connect them to the negative of the battery.
- Solder all the first ends of the resistor with the momentary switch using a wire
- Solder the batteries together.
- Solder the positive lead of the battery to the momentary switch.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.