Introduction: Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bread
If you like banana bread, you're going to go ape for this Chunky Monkey ice cream bread! This recipe takes the concept of 2-ingredient bread to a whole new level by incorporating chocolate chunk banana ice cream. I tossed in a some fresh banana and some added chocolate and walnuts to give it an extra punch, but even without those, this bread is screaming good. I will probably never make banana bread any other way again - this is way too easy, and waaaay too good.
- 2 pints Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream, softened or melted
- 3 cups (375g) self-rising flour (or 360g AP flour + 1 tablespoon baking powder + 1 1/2 teaspoons salt)
- 1 very ripe banana, chopped
- 1 very delicious chocolate bar (I chose bittersweet), chopped
- Handful of walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Grease and flour bread pan, or line with parchment paper. this is the pan I used
- Mix melted ice cream and flour until well combined. Add optional mix-ins.
- Pour into prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 1-1.5 hrs. This seems like a lot, but we've essentially made a double loaf in a single pan. If the top starts to brown too much, cover it with aluminum foil and continue to bake.
- Bread is done when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.