The bench is sheeted with the metal case from a video recorder that I dismantled a week or so ago, I used this as it will help dissipate heat and will allow me to use a blow torch without the fear of a bench fire.
Today was finally warm enough to venture out into the shed for an hour or so to put this together properly and permanently so it no longer falls apart when the bench gets a knock.
This is something that has been taking shape of its own accord, some things just naturally happen when things just happen to naturally fit each other.
Thanks for looking.
Step 1: The Parts.
A busted child seat ( the clamp on to the table type)
A piece of block board from a old airbrushing board that just happened to fit.
The case from a video recorder that amazingly was an exact fit to the board.
Aluminium pelmet rail used to make some simple brackets.
Wood screws and cup washers.
saw , drill etc
Step 2: The Bench Top.
Once the metal skin was fixed to the board I used a file to remove any sharp edges from the metal .
The brackets where bent to shape using pliers and i just eyeballed it.
the bracket have a surprisingly good hold.
Step 4: Job Done.
Thanks for looking, hope you liked my idea.