Introduction: Classic Bacon and Avocado Sandwich
Sandwiches are an American classic, and there's a good reason for that! They're fast, easy to make, readily packable and transportable. They're also the ultimate customizable food - you can add almost anything between two pieces and bread and call it a sandwich.
This is one of my favourite sandwich recipes to bring to school for lunch. It's healthy and tasty, and it's vibrant colors make it pretty to look at too!
Step 1: Ingredients
- Two pieces of bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
Step 2: Make Avocado
- Cut avocado in half
- Scoop out half of avocado and mash into creamy spread
- Add in salt and pepper
Step 3: Cook Bacon
- With pan on medium heat (no extra oil), add in some strips of bacon
- Cook until bacon is close to crispy on one side and flip
- Cook bacon for about 1.5 more minutes, then take out of pan and onto a separate plate.
Step 4: Slice Tomato
- For some more vegetables, add some tomato slices into the sandwich
- Wash tomato carefully
- Slice into 3-4 thin slices
Step 5: Layer Ingredients
Time to construct the sandwich!
- Toast 2 slices of bread and lay on plate
- Spread mashed avocado evenly on 1 slice of bread
- Add tomato slices onto the avocado spread
- Layer bacon on top of the tomatoes
- Add on second layer of bread and neatly cut sandwich in half