It is a real fun thing to do, but it took me way more time than I imagined.
Here is a list of what you'll need (I don't have a picture, sorry!)
- A reference picture (Optional).
- A base. I used an oval-shaped wooden board, and stapled some velt underneath to make it a bit more classy
- Clay. I used fimo clay and puppet clay. The fimo was great, because it came in colors, so I only had to paint the parts I did with the Puppen clay.
- Wire. To strenghten the figure and to have a handy framework during working, it is easy to make a wire 'backbone'.
- Foil. It will serve as a filler, making the figure not too heavy
- Sculpting tools. These don't have to be fancy; you can use old cutlery or throw away stuff like toothpicks as well.
- Bolts. This is optional, but I used two bolts to anker down the body to the board.
- Additional accesoires. I used beads for the eyes, and you can add other things of course.
LET'S DO THIS.