Introduction: Clean That Chalkboard Wall
Chalkboard walls get dirty! With this instructable, you can have a fresh looking wall in under an hour!
I was just about to buy some more paint and put on a fresh coat when I found this simple way of cleaning a chalkboard wall. I have to give blue i style credit but I wanted to share this with the instructables community.
Chalkboard drawings courtesy of our 4 year old niece, Athena.
Happy chalkboard wall cleaning!
Step 1: Materials
Dirty chalkboard wall
Coca-cola (Note: I haven't tried this with another brand)
Bowl of water (or run to the sink)
Step 2: Clean It!
- Wipe down your chalkboard wall using a chalkboard eraser.
- Using a damp sponge, pour on some soda. I tried dipping the sponge into a bowl of soda, but I found it was easiest to position the sponge over a measuring cup and pour it on. You'll probably want about a tablespoon of soda at a time. Wet, but not dripping.
- Start wiping down the board in small sections, about 3-4 square feet for each pass
- Repeat steps 2-4 until your wall is done.
- Once the sections have dried, repeat as needed.
Step 3: Check It Out!
Look at that beautiful clean (and NOT at all sticky) wall!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.