Cleaning Rapidograph HELL made easy:
- 1/4 cup Windex solution
- Place whole nibs with ink well separated into solution
- Use Q-Tip to rub the Windex solution inside the plastic ink well. Ink comes off pretty quickly. Wash out with water
- Unscrew main black plastic housing from around the main inside nib component
- Swished a bit and within 10 seconds it breaks up quickly
- Shake the main nib component until the nib bit starts to go back and forth
- Rinse hot water and hit Windex again until satisfied
I have to use the super permanent ink (film) for the inking I do. So when it dries it is absolute hell to clean.
I cannot tell you how many years I spent using all sorts of garbage. I have used alcohol, 2nd degree burn worthy hot water, soap, oscillators, special Rapidograph cleaning solution, I could go on and on.
I found a random post one day a few months back mentioning using good old fashion Windex. I got off my lazy butt and decided to give it a go. I am not kidding. 10 seconds and the thing was coming off, unwinding and shaking free ink debris.
They are perfect.