Step 1: Round up all supplies
1. Round up all of the supplies that are listed below.
-Breech Plug Wrench
-Knight EZ Clean spray
-Breech Plug greese
-Rem Oil (any gun oil will work)
Tip: Lay out all the supplies before hand to save time, and trips back and forth from where they are stored.
Step 2: Take out the breach plug
1. The trigger of the muzzle loader will fold down, and the breech plug will be on the back side of the barrel.
2. Once you find the breech plug, use the breech plug wrench to take out the breach plug. It may be hard to turn at first, but one it is broken loose it should be fairly easy to take out.
Put the jag on the ram rod
1. This is a simple step; simply take the jag and place it on the ram rod.
Tip: Make sure the jag is tight screwed on to the ram rod. The jag should be place on the flat side of the ram rod, the the curved side.
Step 3: Spray the gun with EZ spray
1. Spray the inside of the barrel with Knight EZ spray, this is to loosen the gun powder, and makes it easier to clean.
Tip: Lay a towel below the gun, because the spray will drip out the opposite side it is sprayed into.
Take the ram rod and a dry patch to clean the inside of the barrel.
1. push a dry patch through the barrel of the gun with the ram rod, use the side with the jag on it. This will pick up the gun powder.
2. repeat this until the barrel is clean
Tip: If you hold the gun up to a light, and look through the barrel you can see if there are any pieces of gun powder left behind.
Step 4: Clean the breech plug
1. spray the breech plug with EZ clean, to break down the gun powder.
2. wipe the breech plug with a dry patch until it is clean.
Tip: Make sure you get the breech plug clean. If it does not get clean the powder will get stuck on it. This could cause problems to the gun.
Use the breech plug grease, and put it on the breech plug
1. just use your finger, and put some grease on it then rub it on the breech plug.
2. the breech plug can be put back in the gun after this, do this the same way as taking it out.
Step 5: Put oil on the gun
1. Take out your gun oil spray the outside of the barrel.
2. use a dry patch to rub the oil all over the barrel.