You will need a number of easily-obtained materials.
- Corrugated card - enough to draw three copies of the template - maybe one and a half sheets of A4?
- plain paper for templates.
- Glue - I used PVA craft glue, but anything that sticks card will do the job.
- String - three or four metres of slightly-rough string. Not the hairy stuff, but slightly rough.
- A drinking straw.
- A cocktail stick or bamboo barbecue skewer.
- Cutting tools - scissors, craft knife etc. If your card is thick, you will need a large sharp knife like a Stanley knife (I believe Americans call them box-cutters?)
- A drill - it is far easier to drill through several layers of corrugated card than it is to poke a hole.
- A piercing tool - something to make a small hole in the card, such as a sharp pencil, a nail etc.
- Printer or drawing tools.