IMPORTANT MESSAGE BEFORE YOU START : This is a conceptual Idea so it can differ heavily from the real life thing as there's a heaven and hell difference between Theoretical and Practical things. That's why I suggest this for those who have experience in making RC/Miniature Aero Vehicles. You can make improvements by yourself to make it working. Also don't forget to post your improved idea or the real working vehicle in the comments so that I and others can see it.
Step 1: Working of the Drone
2. The minute hand turns 1 degree every 10 seconds, changing the direction by 1 degree every 10 seconds.
3. Due to its turn in every 10 seconds, it will return it's original position after 60 mins, but at a higher position [GIF below]
4. The camera is attached to the second hand of the clock, giving you a total 360 degree view, by changing it face 6 degree each second in clockwise direction. [GIF Below]
[Click on the animated images below to view the animation for a better idea of the Drone's working]
Step 2: The things you will be needing :
2. Motor with a Propeller
3. Battery / Batteries (lighter and efficient = better)
4. Aluminium wires [or any thin and strong wires] (Framework)
5. Threads/Strings and 2 Plastic bags (for the parachute)
6. Another Motor or a Servo. (I'll be calling it Para Motor)
7. Two cardboard pieces [or any 2 strong and light plate like pieces] (Balloon holders)
8. Clip (cloth hanging clips preferable or any clip like that)
9. 2 Hydrogen/Helium Balloon capable of lifting minimum 100 grams
10. Some Counter-weight (optional if you choose very big balloons)
11. A stick of size the cardboard strip attached to a thread/string tightly, width : pencil like.
12. A gear or disc for the Para motor with a small hole on it's side
13. A small/micro camera. (keychain camera ?)
Step 3: The Engine :
This motor's speed will determine the radius of the circle, the Drone is going to take in your locality.
Step 4: The Framework :
Also, make sure about the length of the aluminium wire, for instance cut 1 m and then try to make the framework, if it didn't work, take 2 m, once it works, cut out the unwanted length.
Step 5: The Balloon holders :
[In the picture below : It's not Straps, it's Strips, you can also take Slim Cardboard Plates. Sorry for the mistake !]
Step 6: The Framework :
Instructions are pretty clearly shown in the picture I suppose, if not, then let me explain.
The wires that come from the Machine, first join them with a tight knot in the middle [tie them with another piece of wire] then separate them both to their designated corners (as shown) so that the both of the loops stays on the same height when pulled. Make the loops (big enough to let a pencil like stick pass through) just as shown in the diagram below, in the end of the Left and Right wires.
Then the wire that comes from the Balloon Plates, make a loop at the bottom end of the same size as the other loops.
Step 7: Holder Stick :
Step 8: Pulling the stick :
Find a slightly powerful motor and attach it with disc or a gear that fits 'perfectly'
Make a small Hole inside that disc or a gear.
Take the string from the stick and tie it to disc using that hole.
Place the motor and make the disc-side towards the end of the stick from where the thread is coming out from. Just as shown.
Step 9: Attaching the Papers :
Using tape that is not stronger than the motor's torque, you're using to pull the stick.
Step 10: Paperwork :
And then, take the other end of the String and tie it to the far end of the paper.
You need to do this on the other paper too.
Step 11: Parachute :
Take two strings, tie one end to the wire near paper and other to the one handle of the plastic
Do this two times, one below the paper and one above the paper, and on both sides of the paper as there will 4 wires near the 4 corners of the paper.
Attach the left side strings to left handle of the paper and right side strings to right handle of the plastic bag
Then keep the parachute loosely above the paper without any kind of attachment to the paper, like just tuck it above the paper.
Somehow just Suspend the plastic bags on the paper without any kind of strong attachment.
Step 12: Electricals [Propeller] :
And keep the light weight battery on the other side of the Powerful motor.
Step 13: Electricals [Parachute] :
Cut the positive wire that goes to the motor into two, take two small metal strip and attach or solder them to the two halves of the wire you just cut.
Attach metal strips to the Hour and the Minute hand so that when they meet, the switch gets activated, turning on the circuit.
Then take one wire to the Battery and other to the motor.
Complete the circuit by joining the other poles of motor and battery directly
At Start, keep the Hour hand 30 degrees before the Minute hand for example, if the circuit turns on at 12, then keep the Hour hand at 11. Just 1 hour before the 'turn on' point
Both the metal strips will be on the same side, so that they touch each other to turn on the circuit.
This system is important as it's the timing of this system that makes the whole clockwork fall down and gets the parachutes activated.
There is a GIF in the next step, that'll help you understand this circuit better.