Step 1: Cutting the Material
1. Determine the size of the circle for your bag and cut out two circles.
2. Determine the height of your bag. This will be the width of the rectangle. Measure the circumference of the circle and it will be the length of your rectangle. Cut out both rectangles.
3. Fold your rectangles in half, legth wise and cut. You should have four rectangles and two circles.
Step 2: Sides of Your Bag
2. Sew together one side of your rectangles, leaving the marked area open. I double stitched the ends to my openings.
3. Do this for both sets of rectangles.
Step 3: Putting It Together.
2. Sew around.
3. Now sew your panel closed. Don't forget your chalk mark and to leave it open.
4. Cut off any extra material.
5. Make your second bag.
Step 4: Sewing Lining
2. Fold back the top of one bag. Insert it into the other bag. Pin the seams.
3. Sew all the way around except for a small opening so that you are able to turn the bag out.
Step 5: Guide for the Cord
2. Then sew two lines all the way around that are the width of your opening for the cord. This will be the guide for your cord.
This proved to be the hardest part for me, seeing that I can't sew a straight line. It helps to iron it first. Learned that later.