I have a huge collection of pictures and postcards like my flatemate says: “top card collection.“
I always wanted to hag those cards and pictures somewhere. so I thought abut a method to hang the cards on the wall.
The good thing about this picture wall is, that you don’t need to destroy the pictures with tape or a needle you just clamp them. So you can remove and reorder everything very easy.
The material is cheap most of this stuff you may already have at home or you can buy it in a local hardware store.
• Clothespins (in your local hardware store or supermarket for little money)
• Glue (wood-glue)
• Board (I use a old back of a old closet that i found on the trash)
• Saw- to cut the Board
• screw and rawlplug/ or hammer an nail - to put the finished board at your wall
Most of my card have the same size the only thing that differs is, the format of the cards. So I decided to build for each format one Pin Gallery.
Step 1: Plan the Board
• Depending on the size and format of your pictures you should plan the distance in between two clothespins
• I made one Board for standard 10X15 cm cards in portrait format and one in landscape format
• I decided to to change the dircetion of the clothespins on the board alternately
• it is better to build a caliber to have exactly the same space between two clothespins
• mark the wide of the board and were you want to glue the clothespins
• putting the clothespins just randomly is also possible