This card was inspired by this card I saw just after Valentine's Day done by Kate over at minieco. She is also on Instructables. I love the paper she used on her card. I thought I would take a stab at using her method for a clover card for St. Patrick's Day!
Step 1: What You Need
- Green Paper
- White Paper
- White Greeting Card
- Sticky Squares and/or Double Sided Tape*
- Silhouette Cameo
*I used the sticky squares to stick down the green strips and then used the double sided tape for sticking the woven card to the greeting card.
**The Silhouette File is provided. Also, if you don't have a Silhouette Cameo, I've provided the files in PDF so you can print it off on the green and white paper and then cut it out. I would suggest an exacto knife and ruler if you do that method.
Step 2: Create Pieces
I will point out that for this project I changed the grid divisions and used "snap to grid" to make sure things spaced and lined up just right. You can see this in the second image.
Step 3: Assemble
- Looking at the back of the card, mark the center. I just helps keep you focused on where you are. Photo 1
- Cut up pieces of your sticky squares (if you want to do that). Photo 2
- Start the weave at the top. Photo 4
- Use your sticky pieces to hold your strips in place, so they don't try to bunch up on each other or separate. Photo 5
- Continue weaving.
- Just showing you how I managed the up and down weaving. Photo 7 - 12
- When you are at the end, you can just continue normally, or you can do what I did. I wove all the strips until I had two left. Then I skipped to the last strip and did that one and snugged it up against the bottom. Then I went back and did the second to last strip. Photo 13 - 14
Step 4: Optional Additions
Just go for it and see what happens :)
Step 5: Put it Together
And you're done :)