Step 1: Learn at least a little something about your girl
How would you describe her? Edgy? Nature-y? Soft and romantic? Career/goal-oriented? Delicate or bold? Shy or outgoing? Funny, quirky, serious? Even just one or two descriptors will help.
Is she allergic to flowers? Worth finding out. If you don't want to be obvious and ask, find some flowers when you're out together for her to smell. That'll give you a good idea.
Step 2: What do you want to say?
- I like you and want to pursue something further?
- Thanks for a great evening?
- I'm totally in love with you and want everyone to know it?
- Happy birthday/anniversary/batmizvah?
- I'm really sorry for what I did/said/forgot?
- I was just thinking how much you might like these flowers for no reason at all? (this is an especially good one)
Step 3: Find a florist
If there's one near you, a farmers' market is also a great place to find fresh flowers and support local growers.