Step 1: Gather tools, wood, and coat rack (or anything tall that can hold weight)
- coat rack (ikea from cragislist)
- 3 wine boxes (craigslist)
- 3 corner brackets (size of the bracket will depend on the box but generally, a 6 holed bracket should be fine)
- 6 1/2" hex bolts with washer and nut for each (to bolt the bottom of the box to the bracket)
- 6 2" hex bolts with washer and nut for each (to bolt the side of the box into the coat rack)
Everything depends on the width of the coat rack - 2" hex will get us from the inside of the box, through the coat rack, and clear to the other side with enough room for a washer and nut.
- drill bit
- hex nut driver
Step 2: Drill into rack and boxes
We spaced out the boxes as two on one side (top and bottom), and the middle box on another side. They were about a foot apart.
As for the boxes, we just marked the holes and drilled. Two holes on the bottom and two on the side.