Is it a bear? Is it a dog? Ewok? I'm not quite sure...
To make these creatures, you will need:
- Mini Donuts
- Mini Marshmallows
- Coconut Powder
- Tootsie Roll
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- ¾ c powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2-3 tbsp coconut cream
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Coconut Cream (chilled overnight in fridge)
- Coconut Sugar
- Hand Mixer
Step 1: Coconut Whipped Cream
Chill a can of coconut milk or cream in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready to make the whipped cream, open the can and scoop out the hardened coconut cream from the top of the can. It’s better to use a chilled bowl and beaters so I set the bowl, cream and beaters in the fridge to chill as I worked on everything else. When I was finished making my creatures, I removed everything from the fridge and mixed it on high for 2-3 minutes.
Step 2: Icing
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and 2-3 tbsp of coconut cream.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add more coconut cream if the mixture is too thick.
Step 3: Coconut Powdered Doughuts
- If the hole in center of the doughnut is too small, just stick your finger in it and move it around to make it bigger.
- Put a marshmallow in the center of each doughnut.
- Dip the doughnut in icing and then dip the doughnut in coconut powder.
Step 4: Ears
- Take marshmallows and cut them in half.
- Pick them up by letting the cut end stick to the tips of your fingers.
- Dip them in icing and then coat them in coconut flakes.
- Let the doughnuts and the ears sit for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the icing to set so that it isn’t sliding around everywhere when you go to decorate the face.
Step 5: Nose
Make the nose with a Tootsie Roll
- Cut off a small piece and form it onto a triangle.
- Use a toothpick to poke two holes for the nostrils.
Step 6: Making the Face
- Before you construct the face, cut the doughnuts in half. Set the bottom half aside and decorate the top half to look like a face.
- Use the icing as glue and attach the ears.
- Put the nose in the center, on top of the mini marshmallow.
- Add mini chocolate chips for eyes. Dip the toothpick in icing and add detail to the eyes.
- Roll a piece of Tootsie Roll into a thin rope and cut a small piece for the mouth.
Step 7: Whipped Cream Sandwich
- Remove the chilled coconut cream from the fridge and mix it up to make whipped cream.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream to bottom half of each doughnut.
- Sprinkle some coconut sugar over the whipped cream.
- Place the face on top.
- Devour the coconut creature.