Introduction: Coconut Flour Power Bars
These healthy sweet Paleo Coconut Power Bars are sure to give you energy and satisfy the sweet tooth for the rest of the evening! Eat these to give yourself some energy after a workout or enjoy them as a sweet treat after dinner! They also pack and travel very well! Tomorrow we’re heading to Hawaii for our yearly Hawaii trip and we plan to bring some of these delicious power bars for the long flight out! Since I’m an airline pilot for work, it makes it easy to travel very frequently. One of the perks of the job. I’ll definitely be sure to post some Hawaii pictures on the next post. As far as eating Paleo on vacation, I’m sure most know it can be pretty difficult. We’re planning on renting a condo with a full kitchenette and hopefully we can make most meals paleo. We definitely are going to try to get some fresh local tropical fruits and vegetables to try to make meals with.
Step 1: Ingredients and Instructions
- ¼ cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Collagen Powder (for added protein)
- 1 tsp Eggshell Powder (for added calcium and minerals)
- 3 oz Dairy Free Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate Bar
- ½ Cup Dried Coconut Flakes or Shreds (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8 or similar sized glass baking pan with a small amount of coconut oil or coconut oil spray.In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup (or honey), vanilla extract, eggs, and coconut milk, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, collagen, and eggshell powder.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and coconut flakes/shreds if using, reserving a small amount of each to sprinkle on the top.Mix together one again.
- Fold the batter into the baking pan, and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with reserved chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife stuck in the middle comes out with only a few crumbs. Don’t over bake these as it will result in dried out bars! It’s better to remove early, rather than late.
- Remove the baking pan, and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
See the Full Recipe on Paleo Panther