Introduction: Coconut Kofta Curry
I am going to introduce a secret and special dish , a combination of Indian and Mediterranean Cuisine called coconut Koftas ( Savoury balls) curry made with raw coconut , cooked in mild(not very hot like other Asian curries) and sweet aromatic curry made with coconut milk as a main ingredient and other spices.It can be made under 45 minutes and its taste lasts forever.......
Don't forget to add this recipe to your favorites :-D
What you need:
- Raw coconut
- Corn Flour
- Finely chopped Onion
- Chopped Garlic
- Chopped Green Chilies
- Chopped Ginger
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Curry Leaves
- Cumin Seeds
- Coriander Seed powder
- A pinch of Nutmeg Powder
- Star Anise for the royal taste :-D
- Cinnamon Powder
- Black Pepper Powder
- Green Cardamom crushed
- Salt to taste
Step 1: Here We Go.....
How to make coconut milk----->
- Break the coconut.
- Remove the outer shell, take care not to cut your fingers since the outer shell of coconut is very hard and acts like a sharp tool when broken.
- Wash the raw coconut pieces with clean water and cut into the smaller pieces.
- Grind the small pieces in a mixer jar, add some cow milk, if required for proper grinding.
- Put the grounded coconut in a cloth and twist and separate the coconut milk and the coconut fibers.Keep them separately.
- Now we got the coconut milk and ground coconut powder (fibers).
Step 2: STEP-2:Making Koftas
How to make KOFTAS---------->
- Take grounded coconut powder (fibers),
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add a little black pepper powder.
- Add a small quantity of corn flour to coconut powder.
- Make small balls or oval shaped Koftas and keep them aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan for frying. Take proper precautions before doing heat cooking, wear your apron etc.
- Heat the oil and put the Koftas slowly and one by one in hot oil carefully to avoid oil spillage.It may take 2-3 step to fry all the Koftas, depends upon the number of koftas.
- Fry the Koftas till they are turned golden brown evenly.
- Remove fried koftas from the oil and keep on a tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
Tip :Add cornflour slowly to achieve the consistency of the powder, so that balls are made easily.It is very easy to make, difficult to explain :-p
Step 3: Step 3:Making of Curry
Preparation of Coconut milk Curry-------
- Heat a little oil in pan or Kadhai.
- Add cumin seed,
- Add curry leaves
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies,
- Add onion and cook until soft,
- Add other spices like turmeric powder,coriander powder, crushed cardamom,cinnamon, cloves, pepper, garam masala and cook for about 10 minutes to turn it golden brown
- Add tomato and cook till done.
- Add salt to taste
- Add coconut milk slowly and stirring together
- Boil it and the curry is ready
Step 4: FINAL ATTACK
FINAL PREPARATION OF COCONUT KOFTAS IN COCONUT MILK CURRY-------->
- In the cooked curry now add prepared and fried Koftas
- Wait till boil and the mild ,little sweet and aromatic Kofta curry is ready
- Garnish with tomato flower and fresh curry leave,
- Serve hot in a bowl, eat with rice, chapati (Indian bread) or Naan.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.