Introduction: Coconut Ragi Pancake
Nowadays people turning towards fat free diets,vegetables, cereal and multi grain based meal recipes. But most of the packed, ready to eat cereals that are available in market are loaded with gluten, sugar and high fructose corn syrup. So i want to make quick breakfast / dinner recipe in 5 minutes. I am doing 5 ingredient recipe, using Ragi (Eleusine coracana) for our pancake / adai which is a highly nutritious cereal loaded with calcium, proteins, iron and other minerals.
Benefits of Ragi - Rich in fiber and contains less unsaturated fat that makes perfect food for weight loss. Natural relaxant that helps in relieving stress & anxiety. Rare cereal doesn't need to be polished and consumed with all its goodness intact.
Coconut (Shredded coconut, oil, water) - Its unique combination of fatty acids can have profound positive effects on health. Includes fat loss, better brain function and various other amazing benefits.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Coconut - 1 cup (shredded)
- Ragi flour - 2 cup
- Ripe Banana - 1 or 2
- Honey - 3 to 4 Tablespoon
- Salt - A pinch
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients
- Mash the banana well.
- Add mashed banana to the ragi flour and adjust the consistency of the mixture by adding water.
- Add Salt, shredded coconut, and honey to the batter. Mix well.
Step 3: Heat the Non-Stick Tawa
- Heat the pan/ Non-Stick Tawa and add oil.
- Take a spatula full of batter and pour it in the pan.
- Make into a circle shape.
Step 4: Cooked Coconut Ragi Pancake
- Cook until the color changes to brown and flip it to cook the another side.
- After 1 minute turn it to the other side.
- When pancake turns slightly golden color it is cooked.
- Remove from the pan. Make it in circle, triangle or desired shapes.
( I made harry potter Deathly hallows with triangle, circle and rolled pancake)
Serve Hot. Enjoy your quick healthy breakfast recipe.
Step 5: Alterations & Tips
- You can also use the honey/ maple syrup along with pancake, instead of adding honey directly to it.
- You can add Coconut water to batter.
- Always cook it in medium flame. Ragi batter and banana tends to burn quick.
- Make small sized pancakes,otherwise it will break while turning sides.