Peak up your ears with super-cute coffee bean earrings : )
Step 1: Materials and Tools
I'm not always a fan of shiny silver jewelry, but in this case, bright silver sets off the coffee bean more nicely than a matte or gunmetal finish.
2 Coffee beans
2 Crystal beads (4 mm)
2 Silver hook wires
2 Silver bails
2 Silver headpins or wire (20 gauge)
Shellac (or another type of finish if you prefer)
Dremel with 1/32" bit
Step 2: Drill Beans
Use Dremel to drill tiny holes close to the end of each bean. Even if you are very careful, plan on having a few break!
Step 3: Shellac
Adding a finish to the beans will not only add a shine, but will also preserve and strengthen the little guys.
- Mix shellac with denatured alcohol, stir and allow to sit for a few hours before using.
- Hang each bean from a thin wire and dip into shellac
- Allow to dry for 20 minutes and dip again
- Repeat 3 - 5 times
Step 4: Crystal Bead
- Use round pliers to shape one end of a headpin into nearly a complete circle
- Add crystal bead
- File end if needed
- Shape other end - leaving the circle a little bit open for the next step