Were you ever drinking coffee and in need of a quick reading of the wind direction?
This I'ble will show you how to make a coffee cup wind sock.
This is another entry for the "Coffee Cup Challenge". If you like it, don't forget to vote for me or look at my other entries (Honeycomb Sandwich, Ceiling Aid and Lens Hood)
Step 2: How it is made.
1. Cut out the bottom of the coffee cup. If you use a Forstner bit, you'll get a fairly nice cut.
2. Accurately perforate both sides of the coffee cup (just 1 cm from the top).
3. Cut the coat hanger to the desired length. Make sure that you have a nice and straight section.
4. Place the tie-rib, then the washer and the coffee cup.
5. Bend the top section of the wire and you're done!
The cone should rotate smoothly around the iron wire and it should be nicely horizontal.