Introduction: Coffee Infused Raspberry Tiramisu
I love Tiramisu and so does my family and friends. So, here is my homemade Tiramisu with extra spices and kicks. This delicacy is coffee infused, creamy, and chocolate-y. Many people assume that Tiramisu is difficult to make because it is so expensive in the bakeries, but I have realized it was the mascarpone cheese that makes this cake pricey. However, once you have these ingredients, you can make many pans of Tiramisu. They are good for family and friends’ birthday, the super bowl party, or a romantic dessert for two. Please try this recipe and let me know what you think!
2 boxes of store bought lady fingers
8 large Egg yolks
½ cup Caster sugar
½ cup Sweet Marsala wine
1 pint Heavy cream
6 oz Fresh raspberry
4 tbsp Coco powder
Coffee to dip the lady fingers
2 cups Espresso
2 tbsp Sugar
1 cups Marsala wine
1 tbsp Kahula
1 tbsp Godiva Mocha
3 medium bowls
1 large bowl
1 9x11 glass pan
Saucepan and medium mixer bowl or a double boiler
Handheld or countertop mixer
Okay, now let's start!
1. Make two cups of espresso and to it add 1 cup of Marsala wine, 1 tbsp Kahula, and 1 tbsp of Godiva Mocha.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together 8 egg yolks and ½ cup of caster sugar
3. Prepare a cold water bath in the sink in preparation for step 4
4. Place the egg mixture on double boiler and steam for 9-10 minutes, and stir frequently. Make sure the eggs do not cook. (I do not have a double boiler, so I placed a plate on top of pan of boiling water)
5. Place plate into the cold water bath to stop the cooking and continue to stir occasionally
6. In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream using electric mixer to peak stiffness
7. In a large bowl, scoop out and soften the mascarpone cheese by using a spatula and folding it in a few times, then combine the egg yolk mixture until everything is well incorporated.
8. Then, combine the whipped cream to the egg mixture.
9. Dip the lady fingers into the coffee mixture and place into dish. Repeat this until you have created the first layer.
10. Add a generous layer of the cream mixture.
11. Sift coca powder on top.
12. Arrange raspberry (you can omit this or add other fruits like blueberries and/or strawberries)
13. Repeat steps 9-11 to make your second layer.
14. Place in refrigerator covered for 3-4 hours, so all the ingredients settle in together.
15. Last but not least, make your favorite cup of hot coco, coffee, or tea and ENJOY!